Extra-large 4½-inch fruits Excellent flavor and spicy heat Ideal for stuffing, salsas, baking and more Thick-walled fruits ripen from dark green to red Vigorous plants produce high yields Excellent disease resistance Big, vigorous plants pump out high yields of extra-large, 4½-in. high-quality peppers! Thick-walled, tasty fruits ripen from dark green to fiery red and are perfect for stuffing, baking or salsas. Excellent disease resistance means even more spectacularly spicy peppers for all your favorite dishes.
Gurney's® Primo Jalapeno Hybrid Hot Pepper
- Botanical Name: Capsicum annuum 'Gurney's® Primo Jalapeno'
- Height: 30 - 34 inches.
- Spacing: 18 - 24 inches between plants, 24 - 36 inches between rows.
- Depth: Seeds 1/4 inch. Plants at the same level as the pot.
- Spread: 18 - 20 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Pollinator: Self-pollinating.
- Fruit: Very Long 4 1/2 inches, tapered, extra large peppers. Dark green, turning to red.
- Zone: 3-10
- Form: Vegetable, Pepper, Hot Pepper
- Flower Form: Small white blossoms.
- Soil Requirements: Rich, well-drained soil.
- Growth Rate: Moderate growth rate.
- Pruning: None needed.
- Foliage: Medium green foliage.
- Comments: An extra large, highest quality jalapeno pepper. Big vigorous plants produce very high yields, and an excellent disease package (including tolerance to BLS 1,2,3, PVY, TMV). Fruit has very thick walls, is very attractive, and has a very pungent heat. Excellent for all your favorite dishes-nachos, jalapeno poppers, chili and salsa - the possibilities are endless!