- Very large leaves-up to 6 in. x 8 in.
- Sweet, rich, non-bitter flavor
- Also tasty at baby spinach size
- Plants are slow to bolt
- Performs in spring and fall gardens
Hands down the best and biggest spinach we've ever grown at our trial farm, this even beat our old favorite Vital Green! Plants are very slow to bolt and have an exceptionally sweet, mild flavor. Fabulous performance in the spring and fall garden—make sure to plant in both seasons so you can enjoy double the nutritious greens!
Gurney's® Goliath™ Spinach
- Botanical Name: Spinacia oleracea 'La Vewa'
- Height: 12 plus inches.
- Spacing: 3 - 4 inches between plants, 12 -18 inches between rows.
- Depth: 1/2 inch.
- Spread: 6 inches.
- Light Required: Full Sun
- Zone: 3-9
- Form: Vegetable, Spinach
- Soil Requirements: Light, rich, well-drained soil. pH 6.0 - 6.8.
- Growth Rate: Medium to fast growth rate.
- Foliage: Large green foliage.
- Comments: The best flavor of any spinach we've ever trialed at our research & development farm! Sweet, rich, non-bitter, very thick, meaty leaves. Individual leaves can reach very large sizes (approx 6 x 8") and remain sweet & tender- 1 or 2 leaves is enough for a salad! Also good at 'baby' size. Very slow to bolt.